Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 22/365


A few weeks ago I bought a book about "Clearing Your Clutter" and it has really helped me look at the world I have created for myself in a whole new way. A dear friend of mine turned me onto a website that has helped me with many facets of my life and I cannot begin to thank her enough! I had a proud moment today as I cleared out another room of my little home. See I was so focused on all the things I  needed to do that I wasn't giving myself credit of what I've done. Too often we forget to talk to ourself  nicely, I know I'm guilty of this daily. People think I'm hard on others but it doesn't even begin to compare to how I am with myself.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sweets - it is so true - we talk to/treat ourselves poorly. My therapist is constantly talking to me about it. How I just affirm the bad things I say about myself and then they come true (maybe that's a little harsh-but you get the point). She had me frame a picture of me as a little girl and try to tell that little innocent child how much of a loser she is, what a dissapointment you are, how you fail at everything you do, why are you fat, why aren't you pretty? call her weird. Yep - I couldn't do it to a child but I can certainly look in the mirror and say those things - no problem at all! Her exercise helps us to be more aware of what we tell ourselves. Little girl Emma is framed and in a prominent place in my home as a reminder to be nice to me. <3 {{{hugs}}} dear friend

    ReplyDelete