Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 87/365


87/365, originally uploaded by Monybean.
I had a grand day... My GRANDson and I went on a wonderful adventure visiting family and friends. 300 miles later a very tired boy kept looking at me in the rearview mirror saying "night night?". He had fun, but his bed was calling his name ;)

We played with bubbles, and a football. We played with giant legos and three happy pugs! We ate fast food and the company we kept today was amazing :)

These are the salt and pepper shakers that started the collection over 65 years ago. My granny has since filled a cabinet... I remember as a little girl I could look at her collection for hours on end, never tiring of the stories of how she came to have so many. When I went to see her today I already knew what my photo of the day would be even before I took it...

When we got to THE GRANDma's house I asked her, "Granny, which are the ones that started it all?" She looked at me bewildered saying "you mean to tell me you don't know??" I laughed and watched her carefully take them out to show me, as she has done so many times. My Granny will be 84 this year and she amazes me always with how much spring is in her step and love that fills her heart. What an amazing lady she is indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment