Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 163/365

The city has spent lots of time and money making things look new... I'm glad the process is slow because i love the old buildings that are authentic! There is something to be said about an old structure still standing :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
what I've learned in my 30's

3.  I learned quality of life is far more important than quantity. I learned letting go is more excruciating than the truculence of hanging on... Where is the life that I recognize? I lost two very important men before 32 candles were lit. I had once thought, knowing the end was near is far better than a shock... I have since changed my mind. As a result of this lesson I ALWAYS tell family I love them when saying good bye, and affection is mandatory (cause ya just never know).

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I lost my Mom and then my best gf of over 22 years.
    WTH? Is this a 30's thing?
    bah.
    I'm totally with you.

    Love that old building with the gorgeous sun, you sexah thing, you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad used to say women loose their mind in their 30's, and on some level I think he was right... I think thirties make ya a little nuts!

    ReplyDelete