Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 164/365

I spent my day painting walls. I really wish the project was over already! 

Mother nature can sometimes be rough to catch and put into focus! I waited patiently and then I started waiting IMPATIENTLY... thunder was rolling in and I knew it was coming. I almost peed my pants when it HIT!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
what I've learned in my 30's
4.  I learned going through the motions is just that, going through the motions. My 33rd year of life was spent on auto pilot. I worked, cooked, cleaned, went to the kids football games, helped with homework, attended church and family functions...I did all the things your supposed to do. I didn't have a "safety net", I was uncomfortably numb. I was told it was normal, but it felt far from normal. Going through the motions make you FAT (or at least it made me fat, I gained over 50lbs).  I may have lost a year, but before I blew out 34 candles I had my life back! I experienced loss I will never be over, but I learned going through the motions is just not living. I think maybe we sometimes have to tread water a while before catching the next wave... 

2 comments:

  1. Wicked lightening shot!!!
    and the more I'm reading your 'what I learned' stuff, I'm wondering if we were living parallel lives. Seriously.
    hmmmm ... maybe we should've skipped over the 30's.
    Nah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. skipping our thirties was an option?!?!?!?! actually as painful as parts of it has been, i wouldnt have missed it for the world!

    ReplyDelete