Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 236/365

I have been spending a lot of time thinking about value. How we developed our opinion of value. I was the kid that seen treasures when the adults around me called it "junk". I did that with people, it was always so easy to see the special talents that were not visible to every eye. With age life tends to blur your vision (or at least mine both figuratively and literally). The tracks are laid and people will travel, but my thought is not everyone will have the same experience. There are some who wish the journey over already with a "are we there yet" mentality. There are the ones who are so focused on where they are going they miss the ride entirely. Then there are the dreamers looking out the window imagining... (I have always had a special place in my heart for the dreamers)
 Be Present "In life, there are no ordinary moments. Most of us never really recognize the most significant moments of our lives when they're happening."-Kathleen Magee. 

Julius and I took a walk in the park. 


(he always suckers me into letting him jump in the pond)

When he shakes the water off his coat it can reach impressive distances. I see the light reflecting off the water and think (I would give almost anything to know the secret of skipping rocks)..
 I see the green and gold and red leaves and wish I would have brought a basket (then I'm glad I didn't cause its a state park and I'm pretty sure there are rules about taking anything out of the park).

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sweets, what a lovely post with lovely photos. You are truly a beautiful person and I love that you share your art and feelings to freely. Have a fabulous fall day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thank you so much Em!! I hope YOU had a marvelous day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post.
    We dreamers rule the world y'know.
    Sorta ;)
    Awesome shots, girl.

    ReplyDelete