Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 113/365

Day five
Grow

To grow is... change. I seriously looked for molded cheese today! My first thoughts on the subject... as the day grew away from me and the rain/hail/rain showers came and went, I opted to find mold another day :). So I shot my little lilacs. There is a story of growth behind the little bushes... I planted them many years ago. My boys were still in elementary and I was playing in the dirt when they asked "mom why are you planting sticks?" (because at the time that's all they were, some sticks with a little bit of roots attached) For MANY years they were merely sticks, then they became sticks with green leaves. FINALLY one beautiful spring day they became a real life lilac bush. Apparently things grow at different speeds. Growth can happen in a blink, over a summer vacation, or take years and years... To grow is to metamorphize, and in this case go from a stick to pretty purple flowers :) From a daughter, to a mother and then a grandmother... I hope for two things. One that I will continue to grow every day, and Two that I never get moldy :)

1 comment:

  1. This is very beautiful! I love the rich colors you captured :) I found your blog on flickr... I am doing a 365 project too! Nice work on all your pictures

    ReplyDelete