Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 114/365

Todays assignment FLUID. The goal with this is to help release yourself from ideals you may have about your creative style. I had to giggle because when it comes to photography I have no style. My goal is to simple have focus, correct exposure, and help the viewer see how I see. This in and of itself is complicated and I don't always hit my mark I tell myself, its ALL good and keep right on clicking! Being an armature does have its benefits :) My friend gave me some great insight. She said "you will learn in layers, its a process". This is so true. There has been so many times I have looked at an image I have shot and marveled... then thinking to myself  "shoot how did I do that" lol. I am looking forward to the day when I can say proudly "I meant to do that" versus "Man that turned out  better than I thought". So while I'm enjoying my child like approach (one I hope I don't loose) I would like to one day feel confident in saying "I'm a photographer" rather than "I enjoy taking pictures".

This is my photo of the day, with Blondie singing in my head....

Day Six
Fluid

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with ya. How did I do that? I think the secret is take a boat load of photos and a few gems are bound to emerge. That's what I do. Here's to the amateurs. :)
    I too spent time by a moving river and was able to capture a good group of photos.

    ReplyDelete