Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 218/365

Twenty two years ago my whole world changed in a single moment. My oldest was born, and my life as a momma began. I am bummed that he is working out of town and we are unable to light candles on THIS day (we will be celebrating no worries about that- we are ALL about the cake and ice cream). I have been lost in thoughts of what that first day was like so long ago, and how things have turned out. There isn't a day that goes by that I do not count the blessings of motherhood.

Max and Me have been hanging out while HIS momma is working and going to school. Being a granny is oh so much fun. Max's vocabulary is picking up speed (I still have to wear a secret decoder ring because his Max-a mese can be tricky). He is really getting down colors, and loves to count (he especially loves the number FOUR). He has strong opinions and views, which amuse me :). Operation potty training is picking up - man o man it doesn't take long for little ones to be not so little!

3 comments:

  1. He looks like a real thinker. It is so much fun to hang out with our little guys and I agree that time does fly -- my grandson had his 1st birthday yesterday. Hope you have a great celebration with you son for his birthday : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) Thank you Betty Anne!! Indeed grandbabies are oh so much fun! Happy 1st bday to your little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable photo! what a cute expression!

    ReplyDelete