Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 162/365

thistle thursday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
what I've learned in my 30's
2.  I learned that strength comes in many shapes and sizes. I learned cancer has no preference... I learned that chemotherapy is given in a I.V. bag, its clear like water and it brought Hercules to his knees...
(my dad early 1990's)
Up until this time I knew no one who had battled this disease.... I had no idea what an Oncologist was or what they did. I didn't know what a living will was. I had never stepped foot in the Huntsman Center before... my eyes were open to just how many people were fighting that fight.  I learned all of this before I blew the candles out on my 31st birthday cake because my dad was diagnosed that summer...
(me and my dad September 2000)
I learned strength had nothing to do with how much you could bench press, or squat...

2 comments:

  1. My Mom, who literally died in my arms (that messed me up) and my best girlfriend 2 years later.
    I despise that disease.

    ReplyDelete