Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 179/365

ETHEREAL
(exceptionally delicate: airy, dainty) 
My shot of the day was a accident! I have always had a love/hate thing going when it comes to oopses :) I am still learning about photography... I have to admit I will take a shot and wonder "how did THAT happen" lol This is one of those times... My over exposed shot fits the word prompt for this weeks Sunday Creative. I don't think in my entire life ANYONE has called me dainty. Although I pride myself on being strong I have realized I am far more delicate than I care to admit. Its just one of THOSE things ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a wonderful visit with the kimpossible. We had a Happy UN-Birthday celebration. We laughed, cried, ate, played beatles rock band.... it was good stuff :) She had asked me early summer to take pictures of her kids. Schedules never seemed to allow this to happen... Well I was able to get with her youngin's without her knowing... I made a happy unbirthday banner... I blind folded her and had her replace the banner with something else....
the photos I had taken of her kiddo's :). It was a real special moment when she took off the blindfold and her gift revealed :) 

She bought me an amazing book entitled Be. It has some heart warming quotes that I am sure I will be sharing :) I also received a cute little notebook that is soooooo ME! It says "I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world" (love) lastly she gave me a "note quote" that says "It is never too late to be what you might be" and a rock that says BELIEVE. It was a wonderful weekend :)

5 comments:

  1. Love that shot of you! So perfect for the prompt!
    Your gf sounds amazing. Friends like that are a treasure. As are YOU for your sneaky surprise. How cool!
    So wait a minute here ... when exactly IS your birthday? I knew it was coming, but did it go by without a word from you? or is this it?
    I'm confused now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my bday is the seventh of september the kimpossible has a birthday coming next weekend... we were celebreating a UN birthday (where it isn't really anyones bday lol. since she has moved away and livin the dream of happily ever after the time we get is limited.

    i agree good friends are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this shot, perfect for the prompt! absolutely lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your portrait is wonderful - I'm terrible at getting in front of the camera. The over-exposure is perfect for the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful portrait. A perfect accident and the perfect fit for ethereal.

    ReplyDelete