Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day165/365

The kids came over for Sunday dinner (I cheated and ordered pizza cause this painting project is kicking my arse). Don't you just love little boys in baseball caps?? I love THIS little boy in his baseball cap!!! It was great fun watching all the kids play in a tent... AND Max is not fond of "hoppers" (grass hoppers). He is learning his colors and his vocabulary is building at a rapid rate!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
what I've learned in my 30's

5.  I learned having a sense of humor is essential. (actually i have always known that but when raising teenagers it helps... A LOT). I determined I related to animals wanting to eat their young! I realized if kids don't mutate into teenagers you will want them to live with you forever... I told my boys regularly "I want my little boys back and I will KILL the men that TOOK them!" lol I said and thought all these things with a smile (MOST days). When I blew my 34 candles out I was the momma of two teenage boys (and about 6 sons from other mothers)! My home was filled with a bucket load of testosterone... I am happy to report we ALL made it out alive :)

2 comments: